SYNC - System Improvement Team
The Legislature created the System Improvement Team, SYNC, in HB 1677. The interagency collaborative works to “identify, implement, and report on improvements” to the state’s infrastructure system. Participating agencies (the Public Works Board, along with the departments of Commerce, Ecology and Health, the Transportation Improvement Board, and the Washington State Department of Transportation), are synchronizing their efforts to create a more efficient structure for infrastructure financing, and to support communities that are living in legacy utilities at end of useful life. Program areas include roads, bridges, Broadband, domestic water, energy, wastewater, stormwater, and solid waste/recycling/organics.
Sync Legislative Reports
- Sync Legislative Report 2022 Full Report (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Report 2020 Preliminary Report (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Report 2019 Full Report (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Report 2019 Executive Summary (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Report 2018 Full Report (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Report 2018 Executive Summary (PDF)
- Sync Legislative Reporting Documents (on Box)
Sync Technical Resources
- Funding Opportunities
- Technical Assistance
- About Board Members, Meetings and Staff
If you would like to participate in future activities, or if you have suggestions you would like to offer, please contact Maria Jawad.