Public Safety Programs
Click on the buttons below to learn more about each program
The Department of Commerce is committed to building strong communities to support successful businesses and self-sufficient families. Strengthening communities is at the heart of our work. Strong communities must be safe communities. The Department of Commerce works hand-in-hand with local and regional agencies, public health officials, law enforcement, community organizations and individual community members to address the impact of crime, substance abuse and violence to facilitate the availability of opportunities and resources in communities statewide.
The Office of Firearm Safety and Violence Prevention and the programs in the Public Safety Unit are designed to reduce violence, enhance public safety, and improve social and health outcomes within communities across Washington. Through these programs, Commerce prioritizes investment in underserved, historically disadvantaged and vulnerable communities, builds community capacity through engagement, outreach and technical assistance, and uses data validated by our community partners to inform funding decisions.
- Extreme Risk Protection Orders – Washington State
- Suicide Prevention in Washington
- Crisis Connections
- Washington State Safe Kids Coalition
- Firearms Law FAQ | Washington State Attorney General’s Office
- Harborview Three Interventions Toolkit: Firearm Safe Storage, Voluntary Waiver of Firearm Rights, & Extreme Risk Protection Order
Office of Firearm Safety & Violence Prevention | Public Safety Unit