Child Care Partnership Grants
The Washington State Department of Commerce is soliciting applications to support local partnerships to develop action plans that stabilize and expand child care capacity in communities. The following organizations are eligible to apply on behalf of a collaborative group: Washington nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribes, and local government entities, including school and educational service districts. Applicants and populations served must be located in the state of Washington.
We anticipate awards of up to $100,000. This is the first of two application rounds and all projects must be completed by June 30, 2021.
To be considered for grant funding, projects must:
- Focus on expanding capacity of and access to child care
- Involve collaborative effort of community partners. The application must include (as an attachment) one or more letters of support signed by project partners indicating commitment to collaborate.
- Respond to local community needs
Grant funds will prioritize projects that expand capacity of and access to child care programs that serve:
- Underserved areas (where access is very limited)
- Historically marginalized communities and families
Schedule for funding round 1
Notice of Funding Availability Release: June 15, 2020
Questions and Answer Sessions: June 23 & July 1, 2020
Applications Due 5 p.m.: July 13, 2020
Apparent Successful Applicants Announced: July 24, 2020
Performance Period: Aug.14, 2020 – June 30 2021
Anticipated schedule for funding round 2
Notice of Funding Availability Release: Aug. 17, 2020
Applications Due 5 p.m.: Sept. 11, 2020
Performance Period: Oct. 9, 2020 – June 30, 2021
- Grant guidelines – UPDATED 6-24-2020
- Grant Guidelines Addendum 1 – Eligibility of construction-related costs – UPDATED 6-25-2020
- Grant Guidelines Addendum 2 – Round 1 due date revised
- Download and complete Grant application form – UPDATED 6-24-2020
- One or more letters of support signed by project partners indicating commitment to collaborate (as an attachment)
- Download a Sample Grant Agreement Template
Two Optional Question and Answer Sessions
- Questions and Answers – Revised June 25, 2020
- Two optional virtual Q&A sessions will be held on June 23, 2020 and July 1, 2020.
To participate on Wednesday, July 1 at noon, please click this link to Join Zoom Meeting
Or join by telephone: +1 (253) 215-8782
Meeting ID: 937 8732 2406
To translate this page, please use Chrome or Firefox browsers and select a language below.