Child Care Partnership Grants
The Washington State Department of Commerce is soliciting applications to support local partnerships to develop action plans that stabilize and expand child care capacity in communities.
The following organizations are eligible to apply on behalf of a collaborative group: Washington nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribes, and local government entities, including school and educational service districts. Applicants and populations served must be located in the state of Washington.
We anticipate awards of up to $100,000. All projects must be completed by June 30, 2021.
To be considered for grant funding, projects must:
- Focus on expanding capacity of and access to child care
- Involve collaborative effort of community partners. The application must include (as an attachment) one or more letters of support signed by project partners indicating commitment to collaborate.
- Respond to local community needs
Grant funds will prioritize projects that expand capacity of and access to child care programs that serve:
- Underserved areas (where access is very limited)
- Historically marginalized communities and families
Schedule for funding round 1
Notice of Funding Availability Release: June 15, 2020
Questions and Answer Sessions: June 23 & July 1, 2020
Applications Due 5 p.m.: July 13, 2020
Apparent Successful Applicants Announced: TBD, within the first few weeks of August.
Performance Period: Aug.14, 2020 – June 30, 2021
Schedule for funding round 2
Notice of Funding Availability Release: Aug. 17, 2020
Question and Answer Sessions: Aug. 25 & Sept. 1.
Applications Due 5 p.m.: Sept. 11, 2020
Apparent successful applicants announced TBD: Late September
Performance Period: Oct. 9, 2020 – June 30, 2020
- Grant guidelines – UPDATED 8-25-2020
- Grant Guidelines Addendum 1 – Eligibility of construction-related costs – UPDATED 6-25-2020
- Grant Guidelines Addendum 2 – Round 1 due date revised
- Grant Guidelines Addendum 3 – Determination of awards
- Download and complete Grant application form – UPDATED 7-9-2020
- One or more letters of support signed by project partners indicating commitment to collaborate (as an attachment)
- Download a Sample Grant Agreement Template
Optional Question and Answer Sessions
Round 1 Question and Answer Sessions
Questions and Answers – Revised July 8, 2020
- Two optional virtual Q&A sessions were held on June 23, 2020 and July 1, 2020.
Round 2 Question and Answer Sessions
Questions and Answers – Sept. 4, 2020
- Two optional virtual Q&A sessions were held on Aug. 25 and Sept. 1, 2020.
To translate this page, please use Chrome or Firefox browsers and select a language below.