Child Care Partnership Grants
The Washington State Department of Commerce is soliciting applications to support local partnerships to develop action plans that stabilize and expand child care capacity in communities.
The following organizations are eligible to apply on behalf of a collaborative group: Washington nonprofit organizations, federally recognized tribes, and local government entities, including school and educational service districts. Applicants and populations served must be located in the state of Washington.
We anticipate awards of up to $100,000. All projects must be completed by June 30, 2021.
To be considered for grant funding, projects must:
- Focus on expanding capacity of and access to child care
- Involve collaborative effort of community partners. The application must include (as an attachment) one or more letters of support signed by project partners indicating commitment to collaborate.
- Respond to local community needs
Grant funds will prioritize projects that expand capacity of and access to child care programs that serve:
- Underserved areas (where access is very limited)
- Historically marginalized communities and families