General Purpose Grants
2023 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) General Purpose Grant Application Period Closed
We anticipate our next funding cycle to open in early 2024.
CDBG Program Priorities:
- Financial need- Prioritizing applicants who do not have viable access to other funds/resources.
- Funding readiness- Prioritizing applicants who have secured all other funds.
- Funding efforts- Prioritizing applicants who have pursued other funding.
- Equity- Prioritizing applicants who have not recently received CDBG funding and who do not have open CDBG contracts for similar activities.
CDBG General Purpose Grants are available annually through a competitive application process to assist Washington State small cities, towns and counties in carrying out significant community and economic development projects that principally benefit low- and moderate-income persons. The Washington State CDBG Program is funded by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Examples of eligible General Purpose Grant activities include:
- Public facilities, such as water, wastewater, streets and sidewalks
- Community facilities, such as community centers, libraries, food banks and fire stations
- Local assistance programs such as housing rehabilitation