Energy Efficiency Grant
The Energy Efficiency Grant Program (EE) funds projects at state public higher education institutions, local government facilities, state agencies, kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12) public school districts and federally recognized tribal governments. This program is awarded through a competitive process.
Now Accepting Applications
An estimated $3,570,000 in funding will be available to grantees with up to $500,000 available to each applicant. There is no minimum request amount.
Eligible applicants include:
- Local Agencies – Local Agencies include any city, town, county, special purpose district, municipal corporation, agency, port district or authority, or political subdivision of any type, or any other entity or authority of local government in corporate form or otherwise.
- Public Higher Education Institutions
- School Districts
- State Agencies
- Federally Recognized Tribal Governments
Please note, at least 20% of funds must be awarded to projects in cities and towns with populations of 5,000 or less. Scoring will favor projects with higher leveraging of non-state funds and projects with higher energy savings. Priority is given to school districts that remove lighting fixtures with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs). Priority will also be given to applicants that have not received this grant before.
- Nov. 9, 2020 – RFA and application released
- Nov. 19, 2020 – Applicant’s Conference
- Dec. 3, 2020 – Technical Session
- Jan. 15, 2021 – Q&A opportunity to comment closes
- Jan. 29, 2021 – Application closes
- April 2021 – Final decisions
- April 2021 – Awards
Applicant’s Conference details
A pre-proposal Applicant’s conference webinar is scheduled to be held via webinar. All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend; however, attendance is not mandatory. The webinar will be recorded and posted on the program webpage.
To join the webinar:
- When: 10 a.m. on Nov. 19, 2020
- Join online: https://wastatecommerce.zoom.us/j/83126356876?pwd=UXRwSWxNbE9sV1U0c1hkN2J5Q1J0QT09
- Join by phone: (253) 215-8782 / Meeting ID: 831 2635 6876 / Passcode: 989396
Technical Session – Audit Template
A technical session will be held to review the Building Energy Asser Score Audit Template (Audit Template) via webinar. All prospective applicants are encouraged to attend; however, attendance is not mandatory. The webinar will be recorded and posted on the program webpage.
To join the webinar:
- When: 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Dec. 3, 2020
- Join online: https://wastatecommerce.zoom.us/j/84097649751?pwd=VEJ3b2NXV2FsUVU0bnNyRjg4TENCdz09
- Join by phone: (253) 215-8782 / Meeting ID: 840 9764 9751 / Passcode: 617782
Questions and answers
Applicants may only submit process-related questions in writing to EEandS@commerce.wa.gov. All questions and responses will be posted on the program webpage a minimum of every two weeks. Questions must be received by 5:00 PM on January 15, 2021. The final questions and answers will be posted on January 22, 2021.
Looking for our Joint Energy Efficiency and Solar Grants page? Find it here.