Energy Efficiency Grant Program
Energy Retrofits for Public Buildings
The Energy Efficiency Grant Program funds projects for improvements to existing public-owned facilities and related projects that result in energy and operational cost savings. Energy Efficiency grants are serving communities throughout Washington.
Applications now closed for Energy Efficiency 2022
Applications closed at 4 p.m on May 25, 2022.
Application review is underway. Commerce will award up to $1.8 million for energy efficiency projects through this program. Awards are expected to be announced in late July 2022. For examples of past projects, see program history under Additional Resources.
Program documents for Energy Efficiency 2022
- April 2021 awards press release
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting with Department of Enterprise Services
- Historic Review and Tribal Contact (21-02)
- Budget Proviso Governing this Program (PDF)
- Energy Retrofits for Public Buildings program history
- Energy Audit Template
- Guidance Sheet – The basics of grant writing