PWB Upcoming Virtual Lunch and Learn Opportunities
The Washington State Public Works Board is offering two upcoming virtual Lunch and Learn opportunities related to the topics of sustainability, equity, regional collaboration, and multi-system approaches to infrastructure. See below for additional details and Zoom links. All are welcome to attend, and registration is not required.
PWB Virtual Lunch & Learn: Port of Seattle’s Sustainability and Equity Framework
- What: Learn about decision-making processes that incorporate sustainability and equity design elements into capital projects. The Port of Seattle has implemented a sustainability and equity framework that helps projects include these elements at appropriate cost levels before design and construction gets underway. This framework builds accountability between commissioners, project managers, and engineers in order to further the sustainability and equity goals of the Port.
- Who: Hear from Jessica Brown, Environmental Program Manager with the Port of Seattle.
- When: Friday, December 8 from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm
- Where: Zoom Meeting
PWB Virtual Lunch and Learn: Snohomish County Little Bear Creek Mitigation Strategy
- What: Snohomish County will present its 7-year journey to construct an advance wetland mitigation site to serve 11 transportation projects: property acquisition, baseline studies, permitting/agency coordination, site deconstruction, restoration and enhancement, project costs, credits and savings, and lessons learned.
- Who: Hear from the Snohomish County Little Bear Creek Mitigation Strategy Team.
- When: Friday, January 26 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
- Where: Zoom meeting