Conditions of Use Access Agreement
Please read this Access Agreement (“Agreement”) carefully before accessing Washington State Department of Commerce (“Washington State Department of Commerce’s ”, “we”, or “our”) information through a Washington State Department of Commerce’s website or web connection to mainframe data (the “Site”). This Agreement is entered into between Washington State Department of Commerce and any individual or entity that accesses or uses the Site (the “User” or “you.”) As a condition to accessing the Site, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement and Washington State Department of Commerce’s Privacy and Security Statement. When you use or access the Site, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, do not access the Site.
The Site is owned and operated by Washington State Department of Commerce, and is provided without charge. It contains or may contain information, communications, opinions, text, graphics, links, electronic art, animations, audio, video, software, photos, music, sounds, and other material and data (collectively, “Content”) formatted, organized, and collected in a variety of forms that are generally accessible to Users, including connections to mainframe data, databases, and interactive areas that may or may not be modified by Users.
Access to and interacting with the Site
You are responsible for providing all hardware, software, telephone, or other communications equipment and/or service to connect to the Internet and access the Site, and are responsible for all Internet access charges, telephone charges, digital certification costs, or other fees or charges incurred in connecting to the Internet and accessing or interacting with the Site.
We do not guarantee access to the Site, or that the Site or any link will be uninterrupted or error free. The Content within the Site may include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Under no circumstances shall Washington State Department of Commerce’s be liable for any decision made or action taken by you in connection to the Content. Periodically, changes will be made and incorporated in the Content. We may make changes in the Content at any time.
You agree to access and use the Site only for lawful purposes and employ reasonable security practices (for example, changing protected passwords frequently, locking unattended terminals, etc.), as needed. You are solely responsible for knowing and adhering to any and all laws, statutes, rules, and regulations related to:
- Your use of the Site, including any interactive area.
- The use of any networks or other services connected to the Site.
- The communications means by which you connect your modem, computer, or other equipment to the Site.
By accessing the Site you agree that you will NOT:
- Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the interactive features.
- Post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would be a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy and publicity rights, or material or derivative works which are protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, without first getting permission from the owner or right holder.
- Post or transmit any information, software, or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component. Post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes or which contains advertising.
- Alter, damage, or delete any Content or other communications that is not your own Content, or otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access the Site.
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication.
- Claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution, or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship.
- Violate any operating rule, policy, or guideline of your Internet access provider or online service.
- Participate in the unauthorized use or disclosure by any party of any information accessed for any purpose.
- Claim ownership rights to Washington State Department of Commerce’s applications, code, or structural framework of any Washington State Department of Commerce’s database accessed from the Site.