The Washington State Department of Commerce, Office of Economic Development and Competitiveness office in downtown Seattle recruits volunteer interns on an ongoing basis. We ask that interns volunteer 10-20 hours per week, for a minimum term of three months.
Ideal candidates will be in their junior or senior year in college with a 3.3 GPA or higher, or have recently completed their degree, or be enrolled in a Master’s degree program.
In general, we look for responsible, reliable candidates who can work independently and have a genuine interest in international affairs, economic development, investment and trade. We value research and writing skills, Microsoft Office suite proficiency, critical thinking, foreign language capabilities, and diversity.
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Experience organizing events
- Writing experience, especially on a newspaper or newsletter
- Database, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
Examples of duties/projects include:
- Assisting with Business Development activities and events
- Researching industries, business trends, incentives, investment statistics, workforce data
- Writing briefs and other content
- PowerPoint presentations, and related research
- Assisting on specific projects
- Quality control
Past interns have gone on to work with consulting firms, economic development agencies, and international organizations.
To apply, please fill out the application form and press send. Then separately, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Contact the Office of Economic Development & Competitiveness at (206) 256-6100.