Request for Applications – Community Reinvestment Financial Coaching and Mentorship Grant Project
November 1, 2023
Description: the Washington State Department of Commerce is initiating this Request for Applications to solicit proposals from those qualified and interested in grant funding for the Financial Coaching and Mentorship project to invest in communities disproportionately harmed by the historical design and enforcement of state and federal criminal laws and penalties for drug possession, including but not limited to Black, Indigenous, and Latino individuals and families.
The Financial Coaching and Mentorship project will provide $10 million in grants for community organizations and financial institutions to hire 45 to 50 full-time employees for two years. Each grant may not exceed $450,000.
Customer Reference #: S24-35501FC
- Amended RFA No. S24-35501FC (PDF), updated Dec. 6, 2023
- Amended RFA Exhibits (Word), updated Dec. 6, 2023
- Question and Answer Period: November 1, 2023 – December 26, 2023
- Q&A Summary (PDF), updated Dec. 6, 2023
- Applicant’s Conferences:
- Application Due Date: January 10, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Point of Contact: RFA Coordinator, Sherina James, Sherina.James@Commerce.wa.gov,