Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and Lifeline

What is ACP?

The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that helps families and households afford internet service.

What are the benefits?

  • Up to $30/month discount on internet service.
  • Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying tribal lands.
  • A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
  • For individuals and households living on tribal lands, learn more at

Who is eligible?

Enrollment in the ACP is open for households with at least one member qualifying under any of the following criteria:

  • Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
  • Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
  • Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
  • Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
  • Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
  • Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.

How do I enroll in ACP?

Visit and complete the ACP application online.

What about Lifeline?

Lifeline is a federal program that provides a $9.25 monthly benefit for income-eligible subscribers on monthly telephone service, broadband service or voice-broadband bundled services. Households on federally recognized Tribal lands can receive up to $25 per month in addition to the standard benefit of $9.25.

Who is eligible?

Households are eligible for Lifeline if at least one of the following is true:

  • The household income is 135% or less of the federal poverty guidelines.
  • If someone in the household participates in SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, FPHA, or the Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
  • The household is on Tribal lands, meets income requirements, and someone in the household participates in any of the federal assistance programs listed above or other tribal assistance programs.

How do I enroll in Lifeline?

Visit to verify your qualification and apply for the benefit.

How can I get help with application questions?

Email or call 1-877-384-2575

Need additional assistance?

Contact your Internet provider

Contact your Internet company if you have questions about your device, service, or bill. You can find your company’s customer service number on your bill or online on the company’s website.

Additional resources