Mobile Home Relocation Assistance

If you own your mobile or manufactured home and live in a park that’s closing in Washington State, you may be eligible for relocation assistance. Mobile and manufactured home relocation assistance is provided to eligible low-income households on a on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to residents in parks closed due to health and safety concerns or park-owner fraud.

The Mobile and Manufactured Home Relocation Assistance Program reimburses eligible applicants for allowable expenses up to $7,500 for a single-section or up to $12,000 for a multi-section home.

How does mobile and manufactured home relocation assistance work?

The relocation fund receives monthly deposits from a dedicated fee collected when a home is purchased in a mobile home park (RCW 59.21.055).

The Mobile and Manufactured Home Relocation Assistance Program provides financial assistance to displaced households when a mobile home park closes. Assistance is reimbursement-based and available to homeowners who live in their home at the time a closure notice is issued and meet income guidelines (less than 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for the county the home is located in). Owners of RVs and travel trailers are not eligible for assistance. Owners of park models as defined in RCW 59.20.030 are not eligible for assistance.

No. The law requires actual costs be reimbursed after the move is completed and documentation has been submitted.

The Office of Mobile and Manufactured Home Relocation Assistance sends an application packet to park residents within 10 business days of receiving a park closure notice. Homeowners may also call 360-725-2971, toll-free at 1-800-964-0852, or send an email to to receive information and an application. Assessment of initial eligibility will occur after we receive your application along with required documentation. Reimbursement will occur after we receive copies of receipts for your actual allowable expenses.

The program will reimburse for actual allowable costs up to $7,500 for a single-section home and up to $12,000 for a multi-section home.

Expenses directly related to the relocation of your home. This includes, but is not limited to: removal and reattachment of attached awnings, decks, and stairs; prep for transport; moving the home; permits; hook-ups to all utilities; rental of moving equipment; and repair of damage caused during transport. If it is determined the home must be demolished, costs for demolition and removal of your home from the park or demolition, removal, and a down payment for another manufactured home are reimbursable expenses up to the reimbursement limits. See WAC 365-212-060 for more information.

Moving of separate buildings, landscaping, purchase of tools, property taxes, and renovations or upgrades not required for relocation.

Due to the nature of the revenue source, we are unable to estimate how long the reimbursement process will take.

No. Reimbursement for relocation expenses is available only to applicants who meet the eligibility requirements.

Additional reimbursement may be available for tip-outs on single-section homes if the applicant submits photographs of the home, taken prior to relocation, showing the addition in question to the department. Photos must show both the inside and the outside of the addition and prove it adds living space to the home.

You can call our Relocation Assistance Program through our toll free automated services request line at 1-800-964-0852, or (360) 725-2971, or email If you have questions, please contact us. We’re here to help you as much as we can through this process.

Apply for Assistance

Si desea una aplicación u otras formas en español, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a o dejar un mensaje en 1-800-964-0852.

Application Form (PDF)
Application Checklist (PDF)
Most Often Asked Questions (PDF)
Tips to Help Buy or Move a Home (PDF)
Work Completion Form (PDF)
Demolition Information (PDF)
Mobile Home Movement Affidavit (PDF)
Sample Assignment of Relocation Assistance Reimbursement (PDF)
Assignee Reimbursement Checklist (PDF)

Resources for Residents of Closing Parks

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) 80% Area Median Income (AMI) – Relocation Assistance applicants must have a household income less than 80% AMI.
Community Action Program Locations – Community Action Programs provide services to individuals and families in their communities.
Northwest Justice Project “Get Legal Help” – Northwest Justice Project may provide legal help or advice for residents of closing parks.
Washington State Department of Labor and Industries/Manufactured Home & Other Mobile Structures – Labor and Industries has information about moving and installing homes.
Manufactured Home Landlord-Tenant Act (59.20 RCW)– The Landlord-Tenant Act provides legal protection for residents of mobile and manufactured homes.

Mobile Home Park Information

Need help?

Automated Service Line

Mailing address
Commerce/Office of Mobile and Manufactured Home Relocation Assistance
P.O. 42525
Olympia, WA 98504

A stack of phone books (remember those?)

Looking for a list of mobile and manufactured home parks in Washington State?

A person writes a check

Want to organize the purchase of your mobile or manufactured home park?