The Dispute Resolution program provides $485,000 annually as a grant to the fiscal agent of Dispute Resolution Washington to increase the following services beyond the service level supportable with local funding:
- Training and background knowledge on specialty issues.
- Pre-divorce child custody mediation.
- Small claims mediation.
- Neighborhood association and covenant violations.
- Youth peer conflict mediation.
- Landlord-tenant mediation.
- Elder care mediation.
- Workplace issues mediation.
Mobilize and enhance local assets that strengthen community ability to meet the economic and social needs of Washington’s families, workers and employers.
Each dollar of State General Fund program expenditure generates savings of $10 in court costs.
Local courts frequently mandate civil disputes be mediated before accepting petitions for civil hearings.