The 2022 Point in Time (PIT) Count was on Thursday, Feb. 24. Thanks to all paid staff and volunteers that made this possible. The 2022 PIT Count statewide results are available.
Each year the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Washington state require a statewide count of all persons staying in temporary housing programs (sheltered count) and places not meant for human habitation (unsheltered count). The Department of Commerce provides survey forms for counties and agencies to use for their counts. Counties can opt to use their own forms as long as they comply with state guidelines.
2022 PIT Count Data Entry Webinar
Note: this webinar is required if you are entering data into HMIS for the 2022 PIT Count. If you haven’t done the normal HMIS Training yet, you need to do that and this training.
Here is more information about HMIS Trainings, including a calendar to sign up for any of the trainings.
- 2022 PIT Coordinators
- HIC and PIT Count Safety Considerations for Counting During COVID-19 (hudexchange.info)
- How to use sampling to conduct an unsheltered PIT Count (hudexchange.info)
- January 12, 2022 PIT count Office Hours session on using ESG and ESG-CV funds to pay for PIT activities with an overview of PIT count resources
- HIC and PIT Count Notice and Safety Considerations (including a Spanish version)
- 2022 PIT Count and HIC Guidance and Training page (hudexchange.info)
- November 23, 2021, PIT Count Office Hours session resources (hudexchange.info)
- PIT count sampling guidance and tools (hudexchange.info)
- December 3, 2021, PIT Count Office Hours session on using sampling to conduct an unsheltered PIT count (hudexchange.info)
- Additional technical assistance resources can be found at PIT and HIC Guides, Tools, and Webinars (hudexchange.info)
- Urban Institute Strategies for Counting Homeless Youth (PDF)
- Urban Institute Youth Count! Process Study (web)
- HUD Point in Time Survey Tools (web)
Landlord Fund Programs
Consolidated Homeless Grant
Annual Point in Time Count
Continuum of Care
Emergency Solutions Grant
Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
HUD Section 811 Rental Assistance
Homeless Student Stability Program (HSSP)
Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
Homeless System Performance
Office of Homeless Youth
Homeless Services Grantee Training