Behind on your utility payments?

The governor’s moratorium preventing shut-offs of electricity, natural gas and water is ending September 30, 2021. If you’ve fallen behind on your utilities, you have time now to start looking for utility assistance.


Call your utility (or utilities). Here’s what to ask for:


Does your utility company have any assistance available to pay a portion of your balance?

Find utility contact info below.


Can you set up a payment plan with your utility company?


Depending on your income, you may qualify for a program called LIHEAP*. 

Ask your electricity or natural gas utility how to contact your local community action agency for information.

*Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Resources are available to help with other costs. 2-1-1 can help.

The pandemic has left many Washingtonians grappling with unanticipated bills and costs. You are not alone. Call 2-1-1 to speak with someone who can connect you to programs that help individuals pay for things like rent, broadband and more. 

Washington 2-1-1 (web)

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Rent assistance

Need help locating your electric, natural gas or water utility?

Enter your address below to find the contact information you need to contact your utility companies.

Customers seeking language assistance can contact the UTC Consumer Protection Help Line for interpretation services: 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) or