Sea-Tac Airport Effects Study
Draft Sea-Tac Airport Effects Study
Dear Interested Reader:
The Department of Commerce (Commerce) is pleased to present the draft “Study of the Current and On-going Effects of the Operation of the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport”. We apologize for not conducting an in person public meeting, as originally planned, but because of health risks and associated guidelines we ae providing the following to help in your review of the Study: 1) summary presentation (video) giving an overview of the Study and key points; 2) Executive Summary of the Study; 3) full Study broken into chapters (for easier download); and 4) contact information for sending comments.
What is the Study?
- This is a large document – over 500 pages. You may want to read the table of contents and the executive summary first. After that, you can pick and choose chapters that interest you or read the full report.
- The Washington State Legislature funded this study in the 2018 operating budget (2018 Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill ESSB 6032-Section 127(63))
- The study examines effects associated with operation of the Sea-Tac Airport on the cities of SeaTac, Burien, Des Moines, Tukwila. Federal Way and Normandy Park from 1997 to 2019.
- The study analyzes the positive and negative effects and identifies 70 recommendations. Many of the recommendations call for new data or studies.
- Public input opportunities included a technical advisory committee including city staff and citizens, approximately 50 stakeholder interviews (1:1 and small group), and two public workshops.
Governor’s Smart Communities Awards Program
GMA Laws and Rules
GMA Periodic Update
Growth Management Grants
Growth Management Topics
Guidebooks and Resources
Defense Community Compatibility
Regional Planners’ Forums
Short Course on Local Planning
Submitting Materials to the State for Review
Beacon Hill Noise Measurement Project
In 2018 The Beacon Hill Noise Team collected data on the noise levels in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle. This data was used to populate a report on the noise impacts of Sea-Tac International Airport on the Beacon Hill Neighborhood.For informational purposes we are providing the Beacon Hill Noise Team factsheet and report.