Collaborative Roadmap Phase III
The Collaborative Framework Phase III project builds upon the findings, concepts and recommendations in recent state-funded reports to make recommendations to the Legislature on reforms to the state’s growth policy framework.
The above timeline shows Phase III of the Collaborative Roadmap. Starting in 2021, the Roadmap has engaged tribes and other interest groups to build off past studies and develop recommendations for updating the state’s growth policy framework. The graphic shows the timing for engagement during the 2022 legislative session before moving to post-session feedback and completion during the 2023 legislative session with final recommendations.
Legislative Report for 2023
The task force is wrapping up deliverables including the following recommendations to the Legislature on the growth policy framework. Individual recommendations can also be found in the list of legislative priorities below the final report.
Recommended Legislative Priorities
- Partial Planning Requirements – fully planning cities (PDF)
- Adaptive Planning – varied planning requirements – city adoption of county CAO (PDF)
- Adaptive Planning – varied planning requirements – Commerce technical assistance (PDF)
- Housing – tax benefits and incentives (PDF)
- Integrating planning – water, sewer, schools and ports (PDF)
- Annexations – incentives (PDF)
- Adaptive planning varied planning requirements – buildable lands (PDF)
- 36.70B permit data (PDF)
- New equity goal and element language in GMA (PDF)
- Middle housing definitions (PDF)
- 36.70B permitting (PDF)
- Shoreline Master Program – review schedule (PDF)
2022 Web Survey Results
The project team developed a survey on the Department of Commerce website to collect input on these eight topics in the summer of 2022. Fifty-seven (57) people answered more than 30 questions about these eight topics, providing valuable perspectives and suggestions. The survey results (PDF) share these perspectives and highlights that will feed into our 2022-2023 recommendations to the Legislature.
Completed Task Force Meetings and Materials
Up to three additional two-hour meetings were scheduled on November 9, 2022 to wrap up incomplete items.
Zoom link to meeting registration
Meeting video – November 28
Meeting video – November 29