The Dispute Resolution program provides $1,940,000 biennially as a grant to the fiscal agent of Dispute Resolution Washington to increase the following services beyond the service level supportable with local funding:
- Training and background knowledge on specialty issues
- Pre-divorce child custody mediation
- Small claims mediation
- Neighborhood association and covenant violations
- Youth peer conflict mediation
- Landlord-tenant mediation
- Eldercare mediation
- Workplace issues mediation
Mobilize and enhance local assets that strengthen community ability to meet Washington’s families, workers, and employers’ economic and social needs.
Public Safety Programs
Each dollar of General Fund-State program expenditure generates savings of $10 in court costs.
Local courts frequently mandate civil disputes be mediated before accepting petitions for civil hearings.