Governor Inslee’s Statements Addressing Anti-Asian Violence
Before the murder of six Asian women in Georgia, Inslee shared a statement speaking to the increased violence and racism facing the Asian community in Washington state.
OCVA shares Governor Inslee’s words to help elevate the calls to action and express our solidarity.
Our office will:
• Continue to help all OCVA grantees identify how OCVA funds can be used to engage in anti-racism work actively.
• Identify resources and provide support to victim service providers by and for the AAPI community.
• Identify resources and provide support to victim service providers by and for immigrant communities.
• Identify resources and provide support to victim service providers by and for sex worker communities.
• Review service data to identify underserved and unserved communities and work with victim service providers and coalitions to address these gaps.
Please review these additional resources:
- Washington State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs: https://capaa.wa.gov/
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice: https://www.advancingjustice-aajc.org/
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Health Forum: https://www.apiahf.org/hate-crime-resources/
- Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Training to Stop Anti-Asian/American and Xenophobic Harassment: https://www.ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention/
- White Supremacy Cultures in Organizations: https://coco-net.org/white-supremacy-culture-in-organizations/