“The State of U.S. Aerospace” headlines Washington State exhibit at Farnborough International Airshow
Independent Teal Report on aerospace competitiveness ranks Washington state’s “supercluster” best for aerospace design and manufacturing; 60 delegates help showcase why, beginning today
OLYMPIA, WA – Buoyed by top rankings in a detailed study of U.S. aerospace competitiveness completed in June by the Teal Group (Download Report) , the Washington Department of Commerce hosts a 60-member delegation under the Choose Washington banner in Hall 1, Booth 1385 at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow in Hampshire, England opening today.
“The State of U.S. Aerospace” exhibit (View/Download Washington State Show Directory) features Washington’s dense supercluster of innovation and manufacturing composed of more than 1,400 companies and 136,000 highly skilled workers responsible for producing more aerospace exports annually than California, Texas, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Arizona and Alabama combined. In addition to being the birthplace of Boeing and home to nearly half of the company’s global workforce, Washington is the second-largest supplier to Airbus, and companies here supply every major OEM and airline in the world.
Built on more than a century of know-how, aerospace is a $70 billion industry in Washington; however government and industry leaders emphasize they are focused on the future. From employer-driven education and training initiatives to infrastructure and business climate, public and private efforts around the state are collaborating and investing to keep Washington’s aerospace industry at the global forefront for years to come.
Notable today is how closely Washington’s huge high-tech sector is merging with value-added manufacturing, offering advances and assets in artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, predictive analytics, autonomous machines, augmented and virtual reality, and more. New opportunities and partnerships across industry sectors emerge almost daily from the region’s robust ecosystem of tech giants and entrepreneurs.
- Advanced Integration Technology (AIT)
- Aviation Technical Services (ATS)
- Industrial Machine Tool
- National Precision Bearing
- Pioneer Industries
- Silicon Forest Electronics
- Soundview Technology Center
Delegate companies and organizations:
- Blaser Casting Corporation
- Cascadia Capital
- Pacific Tool
- Soloy Aviation
- Wilder Systems
- Aerospace Futures Alliance (AFA)
- Center of Excellence for Aerospace and Advanced Manufacturing
- Economic Alliance Snohomish County
- Economic Development Board of Tacoma-Pierce County
- Economic Development Council of Seattle & King County
- Edmonds Community College/Washington Aerospace Training & Research Center
- Kitsap Aerospace and Defense Alliance
- Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance (PNAA)
- Paine Field/Snohomish County Airport
- Port of Moses Lake
- Port of Port Angeles
Visit the Choose Washington delegation at Farnborough from July 16-20 in the U.S. Pavilion, Hall 1, Booth 1385 and follow on social media @WAStateCommerce, #FAS2018.