Energy efficiency and solar grant funds projects result in energy and operational cost savings at state public higher education institutions, local government facilities, state agencies and kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12) public school districts. This program is awarded through a competitive process.
Future Funding (2019-2021)
There are currently no funding rounds open for the Energy Efficiency and Solar Program.
The Capital Budget (House Bill 1102 ) includes $12,500,000.00 for this program
Future opportunities will include:
- $1,785,000 for Energy Efficiency in fiscal year 2020
- $1,785,000 for Energy Efficiency in fiscal year 2021
- $3,573,000 for Solar Installations
More information will be available Fall 2019.
2018 Energy Efficiency and Solar Application Materials
The application period has closed. Contingent awards have been announced. Please see the press release for more details.
- Bidders Conference Webinar Recording (YouTube)
- Post-Application Deadline Energy Efficiency and Solar Questions and Answers – updated 4/19/19
- Energy Efficiency Application Addendum – Issued on 1/2/2019
- Addendum Questions and Answers – Issued 1/9/19
- Updated Notice of Funding Opportunity – Updated 4/9/19
- Updated 2017-2019 Guidelines – Updated 4/9/19
- Updated Energy Efficiency Application – Updated 10/5/2018
- Updated Solar Application – Updated 10/5/2018
- Updated Questions and Answers– Updated 12/28/2018
- Non-state Intent to Commit
- Screenshot of business registration from Dept. of Revenue
- Financial Guidance from Office of Financial Management
- Risk Assessment Survey
- 0505 Applicant Checklist
- Section 10612/7open
Energy Savings Performance Contracting with Dept. of Enterprise Services
2016 Energy Efficiency and Solar Awards (PDF)
2017 Energy Efficiency and Solar Awards (PDF)
Washington State Energy Office
Previous Guidelines for EE&S
Solar SEEDS 2 Program
SSB 6090, Chapter 2, Laws of 2018, Section 1014 (PDF)