The energy efficiency and solar grant funds projects which result in energy and operational cost savings at state public higher education institutions, local government facilities, state agencies and kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12) public school districts. This program is awarded through a competitive process.
2018 Energy Efficiency and Solar Grant Program now open for application
Applications are due at 5 p.m. PST on Nov. 16, 2018.
Eligible Applicants are:
- Local agencies
Local agencies includes city and any town, county, special district, municipal corporation, agency, port district or authority, tribal government, or political subdivision of any type, or any other entity or authority of local government in corporate form or otherwise.
- Public higher education institutions
- School districts
- State agencies
Projects and Funding
Solar and Energy Efficiency projects must be submitted separately on the appropriate application. Energy Efficiency and Solar will be scored separately.
All contracts will be performance based, with payment made upon successful completion and commercial operation of the project.
- $7,129,500.00 will be competitively awarded for Energy Efficiency Projects.
- A minimum of $1,425,900.00 is dedicated for Energy Efficiency grants to small cities and towns with populations of 5,000 or less.
- $1,794,500.00 in funding is allocated from state funds.
- $5,335,000.00 in funding is allocated Federal Funds from U.S. Department of Energy from American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds.
- Awardees will be subject to the applicable requirements. These funds are subject to federal requirements as outlined in the application materials. Awards that are a combination of state and federal funds will be subject to the more restrictive requirements
- The maximum grant award is $500,000.00
- $1,697,500.00 will be competitively awarded for solar projects.
- The maximum grant award is $350,000.00
Bidders Conference - Webinar
The recorded webinar will be available on this webpage by Sept. 28.
- Notice of Funding Opportunity
- 2017-2019 Guidelines
- Energy Efficiency Application
- Solar Application
- Questions and Answers – Available 9/28/2018
- Non-state Intent to Commit
- Screenshot of business registration from Dept. of Revenue
- Financial Guidance from Office of Financial Management
- Risk Assessment Survey
- 0505 Applicant Checklist
- Section 106
Energy Savings Performance Contracting with Dept. of Enterprise Services
2016 Energy Efficiency and Solar Awards (PDF)
2017 Energy Efficiency and Solar Awards (PDF)
Washington State Energy Office
Previous Guidelines for EE&S
Solar SEEDS 2 Program
SSB 6090, Chapter 2, Laws of 2018, Section 1014 (PDF)