The Dairy Digester Enhancement program (Program) is part of Clean Energy Fund (CEF) 4, funded from the 2019-21 biennial Capital Budget. This Program funds grants that enhance the viability of dairy digester projects, including bioenergy, improved energy efficiency, and advanced nutrient recovery systems that produce value-added biofertilizers, reduce trucking of lagoon water and improve soil health and air and water quality.
The application period is now closed
- $970,000 we be awarded through a competitive application process.
- Commerce anticipates making 3-6 awards of $30,000 to $300,000.
- Awards shall include at least one project east of the Cascades and one project west of the Cascades.
- There is a minimum 1:1 match requirement of non-state funds, which could consist of applicant self-match, federal grants, private sponsorships or loans.
Please sign up for email updates to receive notifications about this program.
CEF 4 Dairy Digester Enhancement Grant Program Reference Materials
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Dairy Digester Enhancement Grant Application
- Contractual Special and General Terms and Conditions
- Dairy Digester Q&A 2019-2020 (updated 1-28-2020)
- Washington state Dairy Digester Reference Map
Required Documents (to be attached, as instructed, to the email application submission)
- Debarment Certification Form
- Ethics in Public Service Compliance Certification
- Match Intent to Commit (sample form)
- Certification of Organization Official
- Risk Assessment Survey
- Screenshot of Department of Revenue Status (applicant to provide)
Commerce held a Skype Applicant Conference on Dec. 6 to assist with the application process. Attendance was optional.
- Applicant Conference Recording (link)
- Applicant Conference Transcript (pdf)
- Applicant Conference Presentation (pdf)