Clean Energy Fund
The Clean Energy Fund (CEF) program funds the development, demonstration and deployment of clean energy technology. Established in 2013, Gov. Inslee has continued to champion the fund, and the legislature again invested capital budget in these grant programs. Program development and deployment is currently underway. Guidelines and dates of application periods for each program is posted as available.
Commerce has convened the Energy and Climate Policy Advisory Committee (ECPAC).
The work of the committee is focused on reviewing the historical structure and outcomes of CEF programs and developing recommendations for adjustments to the programs. Find out more about (ECPAC) here.
- Avista – Eco District
- Avista – Pullman Energy Storage
- CRTC – Project Profile
- CRTC – Transforming Scrap Carbon Fiber
- Edaleen Dairy – DVO Phosphorus Recovery System
- Impact Bioenergy – Community Scale Biodigester
- Microsoft – Advanced Energy Lab
- PNNL – Grid Storage Launchpad
- PNNL, UW and WSU collaboration – Transactive Campus – Project Overview
- PNNL, UW and WSU collaboration – Transactive Campus – Final Report
- Puget Sound Energy – Glacier Battery Storage
- Snohomish Co PUD – Mesa 2
- Snohomish Co PUD – Microgrid
- UW – Voltage Regulation Support Using PV Smart Inverters
- UW – HVAC Operation in a Multi-Step Ahead Transactive Framework
- UW – Bess Operation Using Volttron Multi-Agent Platform
Funding for multifamily residential and commercial building owners and tenants to deploy and demonstrate grid-enabled, high-efficiency, all electric-buildings that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and accelerate the path to zero-energy.
Electrification of Transportation Systems
Grants to Non-profit Lenders
Revolving Loan Fund grants show that a modest public investment can promote private investment. This drives economic activity and jobs for Washingtonians and helps our state lead the nation in energy efficiency.
Funding for public and private electrical utilities serving Washington customers. Utilities can partner with other public and private sector research organizations and businesses to apply for funding.
Research, Development and Demonstration
Rural Clean Energy Innovation
Support for a wide range of projects that enhance clean energy including, but not limited to; dairy digesters, renewable energy, energy efficiency and resilience.