Clean Energy Fund
The Clean Energy Fund (CEF) program funds the development, demonstration and deployment of clean energy technology. Established in 2013, Gov. Inslee has continued to champion the fund, and the legislature again invested capital budget in these grant programs. Program development and deployment is currently underway. Guidelines and dates of application periods for each program is posted as available.
Commerce has convened the Energy and Climate Policy Advisory Committee (ECPAC).
The work of the committee is focused on reviewing the historical structure and outcomes of CEF programs and developing recommendations for adjustments to the programs. Find out more about (ECPAC) here.
Clean Energy Fund Project Reports
- Avista – Eco District
- Avista – Pullman Energy Storage
- CRTC – Project Profile
- CRTC – Transforming Scrap Carbon Fiber
- Edaleen Dairy – DVO Phosphorus Recovery System
- Impact Bioenergy – Community Scale Biodigester
- Microsoft – Advanced Energy Lab
- Puget Sound Energy – Glacier Battery Storage
- Snohomish Co PUD – Mesa 2
- Snohomish Co PUD – Microgrid
- UW – Voltage Regulation Support Using PV Smart Inverters
- UW – HVAC Operation in a Multi-Step Ahead Transactive Framework
- UW – Bess Operation Using Volttron Multi-Agent Platform
Grid Modernization Program
This program is for public and private electrical utilities serving Washington customers. Utilities can partner with other public and private sector research organizations and businesses to apply for funding.
Electrification of Transportation Systems (ETS) Program
Research, Development and Demonstration Program
Greenhouse Gas Reduction Program
This grant program will provide funding to reduce greenhouse gases. The program will be available to manufacturers that protect and create aluminum manufacturing jobs in Whatcom County.
Grants to Nonprofit Lenders
Revolving Loan Fund grants show that a modest public investment can promote private investment. This drives economic activity and jobs for Washingtonians and helps our state lead the nation in energy efficiency.
Solar Deployment Program
Dairy Digester Enhancement
The 2019 capital budget provides grants that enhance the viability of dairy digester projects, including bioenergy, improved energy efficiency and advanced nutrient recovery systems. Grants will include one project east and one west of the Cascades.