Small Business Disaster Relief Grants
Commerce has $9.7 million available for grants to small businesses with annual gross receipts of $5 million or less that have sustained a reduction in business income or activity as the result of:
- Natural disaster such as flood, earthquake, or a comparable
- Human-caused disaster such as a major utility disruption resulting in property damage or prolonged outages
Grant limit is $75,000 per business. Funds may be used to reimburse the following eligible expenses:
- Utilities and rent
- Marketing and advertising
- Building improvements and repairs
- Replacing damaged inventory and equipment
- Other operational and business expenses related to a qualifying disaster
Applications are due March 31, 2023.
How to Apply
First, identify and contact the Associate Development Organization (ADO) representing your county. You will need the name of your local ADO and a representative’s name and contact information to complete the online grant application.
In addition to the ADO information, eligible businesses must provide all of the following in the application:
- Washington State Business License
- proof of address
- W-9 and 2019-2021 tax returns
- documentation of receipts
Once you have gathered the required information, visit the application portal online at Washington State Department of Commerce Statewide Disaster Relief Grant Application – BUSINESS (smartsheet.com).
Contact your local Associate Development Organization (ADO). After contacting the ADO for your county, if you still have questions or concerns, please email the Commerce program contact Alison Mitchell at Alison.Mitchell@Commerce.wa.gov.