Washington Statewide Broadband Office
Washington state understands that high-speed broadband is one of the most important economic development tools that we have. Broadband connects us to commerce, education, jobs and each other.
The Statewide Broadband Office to work with Washington’s Public Works Board and Utility and Transportation Commission to meet the goal of providing access to affordable broadband to all residents.
Responsibilities of the Statewide Broadband Office include:
- Functioning as the central broadband planning body for the state and is responsible for the overarching policy vision.
- Working to develop strategies and plans for the deployment of broadband infrastructure and greater broadband access.
- Collaborating with the public and broadband providers.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing a statewide plan to encourage cost-effective broadband access. The current plan is to be updated by 2021.
- Troubleshooting barriers to effective collaboration around broadband service delivery
Washington state needs to understand coverage areas in our state so we know which areas to focus on. We need your help! Take the speed test below, then fill out the survey (below) with your speed test information. We’ll use this to map speeds statewide.
Please read these instructions before taking the speed test and completing the survey:
- If you are on a desktop computer connected to your home or business internet service, continue to the speed test and survey.
- If you are on a mobile device (i.e. smart phone, tablet, laptop, etc.), please ensure that you are connected to the internet via wifi (if available) before taking the speed test and survey.
Both steps below MUST be completed for us to receive valid information.
Community broadband kit