Affordable Housing Advisory Board
AHAB Meeting Schedule and Materials
AHAB Affordable Housing Advisory Plan
Periodically, AHAB works with a wide range of stakeholders to produce a report on the current status of affordable housing with recommendations for future actions to support the development of additional affordable housing.
- 2023 – 2028 Affordable Housing Advisory Plan
AHAB is currently working with BERK Consulting on a new Affordable Housing Advisory Plan for 2023 – 2028. Anticipated release date: late Fall 2023
- Affordable Housing Needs Study 2010-2015 (PDF):
A comprehensive review and forecast of affordable housing in Washington.
- 2010-2015 Affordable Housing Advisory Plan (PDF):
Five-year housing policy advisory plan.
- 2015 Housing Needs Geographic Profiles (PDF)
The Affordable Housing Advisory Board published the first Affordable Housing Needs Assessment in 2015. That research is the first effort in over 10 years to collect and analyze federal, tribal, state and housing authority data on affordable housing in our state.
- Condominium Conversion Study webpage
The 2022 Legislature directed the Affordable Housing Advisory Board (AHAB) to “review the subject of condominium conversions and provide a report to the legislature on issues relating to both homeownership opportunities and impacts to tenants.”
- 2021 Washington Farmworker Housing Needs Assessment (PDF)
- 2021 Assessment of the housing needs of American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians in Washington (PDF)
- Growth Management Planning for Housing:
The passage of ESSB 5254 in 2017 required the Department of Commerce to select a consultant to update the guidance for local governments on the Buildable Lands Review and Evaluation program.
- AHAB’s Housing Affordability Response Team (HART) Final Recommendations and Report (PDF):
Barriers and solutions related to Washington’s housing supply.
- AHAB’s Housing Affordability Response Team (HART) project web page
- Housing Affordability Response Team Letter to Gov. Inslee With Recommendations (PDF)
- Housing Trust Fund Policy Advisory Team