The Consolidated Homeless Grant (CHG) combines state homeless resources into a single grant opportunity for county governments and other designated entities under the administration of the Department of Commerce.
County Report Cards The Report Cards provide information by county on the HEARTH Homeless System Performance Measures using HUD’s reporting specifications. Find your county report card here. For detailed information about these measures, refer to HUD’s System Performance Measures Videos: Length of Time Persons Remain Homeless, The Extent to Which Persons who Exit Homelessness Return to Homelessness, Successful Placement from Street Outreach and Successful Placement in Retention of Permanent Housing.
Year to Year Comparison on System Performance Measures This comparison provides information for calendar years 2015 and 2016 on the HEARTH Homeless System Performance Measures. Counties can compare themselves to like size areas and demographics here.
*Raw Data for the Report Card and System Performance Measures can be found here.
Why is Homelessness Increasing? Homelessness has increased since 2013 in Washington state due to multiple factors, but overwhelmingly because growing rents are pushing people living at the margins into homelessness. Learn more.
Counts of Homelessness: Different Counts and What they Mean There are a few different ways Washington state counts the number of homeless individuals and families each year. You can learn more with this report.
Overview of the Homeless Housing System and Funding In every county in Washington, a statewide network of not-for-profit organizations houses more than 98,000 people facing homelessness each year. This paper will provide you with more information about our homeless system.
- 2017-2019 CHG Guidelines v.2 - Effective July 10, 2017 (PDF)
- CHG FAQ - Updated 8/10/16 (PDF)
- Client Satisfaction Survey (Word)
- Online Client Satisfaction Survey (web)
- Fair Housing Act/Non-Discrimination Memo (PDF)
- Housing Search NW-Interested Landlord List (web)
- Landlord/Tenant Law: Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Sample Landlord/Tenant Handout (Word)
- HMIS Informed Consent Forms and More
- Certification of Payment Obligation/Eviction From Family and Friends (Word)
- Client File Checklist (Word)
- DSHS Client Consent Form for BVS and eJAS (Word)
- DSHS Client Consent Form for BVS and eJAS (Spanish) (Word)
- For Profit Certification Form (Word)
- Housing Habitibility Standards (Word)
- HUD Housing Quality Standards (PDF)
- Income Eligibility Worksheet (Excel)
- Landlord Habitibility Certification (Word)
- Sample Housing Barrier Assessment/Stability Plan Form (Word)
- Targeted Prevention Screening Tool (Word)
- Utility Only Assistance (Word)
- Verification of HH Eligibility/Income Recertification (Word)
- Self Declaration Form (Word)
- Third Party Verification Form (Excel)
- October 2017 (web)
- August 2017 (web)
- June 2017 (web)
- May 2017 (web)
- March 2017 (web)
- February 2017 (web)
- January 2017 (web)
- December 2016 (web)
- November 2016 (web)
- October 2016 (web)
- September 2016 (web)
- August 2016 (web)
- July 2016 (web)
- June 2016 (web)
- April 2016 (web)
- March 2016 (web)
- February 2016 (web)
- January 2016 (PDF)
- December 2015 (PDF)
- November 2015 (PDF)
- October 2015 (PDF)
- September 2015 (PDF)
- Washington's 100 Day Challenge to End Family Homelessness (PDF)
- Kitsap Data Flyer (PDF)
- Kitsap County Homeless Housing Grant Program 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- "Top 10 Fears On Housing First" by All Home King County (PDF)
- NAEH Coordinated Assessment Toolkit (web)
- US Interagency Council on Homelessness/HUD (web)
- Homelessness Myths and Facts (PDF)
If you or someone you know needs assistance, you can find help using this list of Washington State Homeless Adult & Family Coordinated Entry Sites (PDF) or 211 Washington Information Network (web).
The Consolidated Homeless Grant provides resources to local governments and nonprofits. Please access the resources above if you are homeless and need assistance.
CHG Grant Manager Contacts
Emily Burgess: Clallam, Jefferson, Okanogan Counties Counties
Megan Kendig: Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, Thurston, Wahkiakum Counties
Matt Mazur-Hart: Asotin, Columbia, Garfield, Island, Kitsap, Pend Oreille, San Juan, Stevens, Walla Walla, Whatcom, Whitman Counties
Julie Montgomery: King, Mason, Pierce, Snohomish, Skagit, Spokane, Yakima Counties
Jessica Simon: Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lincoln, Skamania Counties